IMPORTING / EXPORTING DATA FROM THE WESTHOLD TRANSPONDER SYSTEM
Watch a tutorial for this feature:
1. Verify that your import and export folders are setup to point the folders that Race Manager uses (only need to do this step on initial setup).
- To do so:
a. Go to settings on the main menu
b. Click on the tab labeled “transponder system”
c. Make sure the check box is checked next to “Westhold Transponder System In Use”
d. Select the XML Export File Location (By default this should be C:\RaceManager\XMLEXPORT)
e. Select the ASSIGN folder location (By default this is C:\RaceManager\Assign)
f. Click Save at the top
2. Start Here after initial setup is complete: Once all of your drivers are registered for each of your classes, click on the “Line ups” button at the top to create lineups for each of your classes.
3. Create your lineups for each of your classes first runs (qualifying, heat, etc) (see creating lineups HERE for information on how to create lineups). Once your lineups are on the screen, click on the yellow button labeled “Export Race(s) to Xponder System” on the right side above the lineups. This will automatically send over the lineup(s) shown currently on the screen for that class to the transponder system. If there are more than one race for the selected run type (Heats including Heat 1, Heat 2, etc) it will have them exported as separate races into the transponder system. So, for example, the Westhold System would have the competitors as STREET STOCKS HEAT 1 as the name under the assign tab for class STREET STOCKS with run type HEAT for the first heat race and STREET STOCKS HEAT 2 for the next. If there is only one race shown (ex. Qualifying, or 1 heat) then it will export to the assign folder as just the class name and the run type name- ex. STREET STOCKS HEAT. You will need to export out the races for each of the classes after the lineups are created.
4. Once you are ready to use RaceManager click on the “assign” tab at the bottom. If it was already on that tab, click on a different one and then click on Assign again- this will make sure it refreshes the classes loaded in the top section. Click on the class you want to record results for from the top section. Once clicked, you should see all of your drivers exported out from the RTI software. Next click the “Timing” tab to start recording transponder times.
5. Once your results have come in, click on “export” from the top menu then “XML”.
6. Save the XML file to the default location (XMLEXPORT folder).
7. Now go back to the RTI race management program. To record the results, click on the “QUALIFYING / RESULTS” button at the top. Select the tab of the race you are recording results for then select the race from the list on the left. Now click on the yellow “IMPORT TRANSPONDER” button on the right side of the screen.
8. A window will open which has the exported xml file in it from RaceManager. Click on the XML file from the race you are wanting to import the results in from then click “open”.
9. The system will prompt asking if you are importing qualifying times or positions. If you are importing qualifying times click “Yes” (if this is a qualifying time race). If you are importing positions (Heats, Features, etc) click “No”.
10. A message will appear stating that the results were import successfully. You should now see your times brought into the system under Time1 and Fast Time. If you need to manually alter any of the times, change them under Time 1. If everything looks good, click on the “Click to Save Changes” button.
11. If you would like to verify that your cars are transferring where they need to go, unfold the panel on the right with the caption “Click to view transferring positions”.
12. If this is not your final race, you are now ready to go back to the “Line Ups” button at the top to create your next race / run type lineup. Once the lineup has been created- export out to the transponder the same way you did the first race by clicking on the “Export Race(s) to Xponder System” button.
IF YOU NEED TO EXPORT OUT ALL OF THE REGISTRANTS OF A CLASS TO THE TRANSPONDER SYSTEM (OPTIONAL)
If you want to export out all of the registrants for a class to the transponder system (regardless of their lineup):
1. Once all of your competitors are registered click on the button labeled “TRANSPONDER SYSTEM EXPORT” on the right side next to all of the registered competitors grid (under the REGISTRATION menu).
2. It will bring up an export window asking where to save the file. Save it to the default location if you set it up under step 1 (assign folder). The file name will be the name of the class by default (this is what will show up as the class name under the RaceManager assign tab). So all you need to do is click Save.
3. This class should now be listed under the assign tab with all of the registrants for this class.