Setting up additional external displays
In order to setup additional monitors you will need to connect a windows computer (stick computer or other) to a display or tv.
INITIAL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Install the Racetrack Innovations RIMS Display software on the computer.
- Run the database manager program from the program menu folder under “Racetrack Innovations”, “Database Manager”
- If you know your server settings, click the manual override checkbox and enter them in the fields. Once finished, click test to verify its correct.
- If you don’t, Click on the “Change DB Settings” button. It will take it a moment to search the network for database engines.
- Click the drop down under “server name” and select your server\instance name. Note: It must be in the format of COMPUTERNAME\SQLEXPRESS with computername being the name of your server. It cannot just be the computer name without the \SQLEXPRESS behind it
- Next select your database from the second drop down. By default it will be RTI although if you manage multiple sites it can be named something different.
- Click save and you should receive a connection successful message if everything connected correctly to the server.
- You should now see the updated settings on the screen. To verify, click test to make sure everything shows correctly then close out the program.
START HERE IF NOT INITIAL INSTALL:
- Now, open the RIMS Display program on your display station by double clicking the icon on the desktop. Its first time to run it will show a message stating that it is registering with the server. Once registered it will show a message with the computer name that you will need to setup from within the main RIMS console software.
- Go to one of the stations that has the RIMS main console software on it and click the icon labelled “Displays” in the right top section of the main menu or select “Display Assignments” from the Display File menu.
- You should see all of the display stations that have registered with the server. Find the one with the same name that was displayed on the monitor and click on it.
- Click the drop down next to “Display category” and select the type of display you would like for this one to be (Lineups, Grandstand, Advertisements).
- Click “Save Changes”
- Now the display is setup and the display software can be restarted on the monitor. When it restarts it should display the information for the category you selected.
(Below is a pit board example)
- If you need to change the type of display at anytime, close out the software, go to the main console and select a different display category for that station. Once restarted it will display the new category information.