ADDING CLASSES, RUN TYPES, AND OTHER VARIABLES
The system does not tie the end user to predefined run types and classes. You can add as many as you would like and also name them whatever you would like. These are classes and run types that are used to setup your races. To setup or edit your classes and run types:
1. From the main screen, click on “Tools” then select the menu of the items you would like to add or edit (Class Types or Run Types).
2. To add a new class click the “Add a Class” button. A window will appear where you will enter the name of the new class then click save. To edit a class, select it by left clicking then right click on it. A menu will appear where you can either edit the name of the class, set it inactive, or delete it. WARNING: Deleting a class will delete it entirely from the system thus removing any lineups / points / payouts with it so take caution to only delete a class that has nothing associated with it. It is recommended to set it inactive instead unless you are certain it hasnt been used.
3. The run type menu works exactly the same way as the classes menu.
4. Once all of your run types and/or classes are setup you can now close the window and they are ready for use in your events.
5. NOTE: If a run type or class is marked INACTIVE they will not show up when you are setting up your races and you will need to mark them as active again (click the checkbox to show inactive and then right click on them to select make active). This is useful if you only have certain classes come to the track a few times a season so that they are not showing up in the list every week when you are setting up events.
6. Any changes made to the descriptions of the run types or classes will populate throughout the system. So if you see one misspelled, once you change it here it will update all of your events that use that class or run type.